From The Indianapolis Star, Thursday, September 6: West Indianapolis citizens are rejoicing over the recent completion of the levee and boulevard on the west bank of White River from Fourteenth to Raymond Streets. A celebration reviewing the new public improvements will be held in the new James Whitcomb Riley playground, Oliver Av and Drover St, Sunday afternoon. An automobile parade will go through downtown Indianapolis, travel north across the new Meridian Street bridge over Fall Creek, and proceed along beautiful Fall Creek Boulevard, through Riverside Park, and along the new levee and boulevard, before passing by the reviewing stand at the playground. Mayor Joseph Bell will be among the speakers. The West Side Enterprise Civic League together with the West Washington Street Merchants’ Association have planned the affair, and the whole city is invited to share the community’s good fortune.
Other News This Week
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 12-18
- Scecina Recognized With School Excellence Award
- IPS Announces 37th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute and Celebration
- Blood Shortage at Indiana Blood Center
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Jan. 12-18
- Artist Elizabeth Seagull Heeter Gone Too Soon…
- Applause!: Jan. 12-19
- Danica and Aaron?
- The Thrill of the Hunt
- Greenfield Service Agency Awarded Major Lilly Endowment Grant
Search Site for Articles