IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- The Brickyard 400 is this Week
- This Week’s Issue: July 21-27
- Raiders of the Lost Antiques July 22
- Systemic Policing Reforms Announced
- Osborn Oldroyd — Keeper of the Lincoln Flame, Part 2
- 2017 Indiana Authors Award Winners Announced
- What Time Is It?
- Family Matters
- World War I 100 Years Ago: July 21-27
- Big Fish: The Musical at Footlite
Search Site for Articles