IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- Kiritsis And Me: Enduring 63 Hours at Gunpoint by Dick Hallwith Lisa Hendrickson
- IMPD Officer Wins TOP COPS Award
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
- German Church Fundraising Goal Achieved
- City Re-Launches Indianapolis Violence Reduction Partnership
- The Hidden Dangers of Pallet Wood
- A Bowl of Mints
- This Week’s Issue: May 19-25
- World War I 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
Search Site for Articles