IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- Local Students Selected for Future Presidents of America Program
- BOBDIREX Presents “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- Applause!: June 23-July 6
- Tech Class of 2017 Graduates
- The Paul George Fiasco
- Pages of Life
- Other People’s Children
- A Brief History of Father’s Day
- Eskenazi Health Hosts Health Insurance Enrollment Event
Search Site for Articles