IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- A Tale of Four Families
- City Develops Sustainability and Resilience Action Plan
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Sept. 22-28
- Indiana State Museum to Honor Veterans with Display
- Buck Creek Players Present “Nuts”
- Cabaret Poe Returns Oct. 13
- This Week’s Issue: Sept. 22-29
- How Much is That Doggy?
- 100 Years Ago: Sept. 22-28
- “Blazing Barriers” at Garfield Park, Special Discussion on CCC
Search Site for Articles