IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- Peace. Love. Understanding.
- The Thrill of the Hunt
- Overflow Shelters Opened Through February
- IPS Announces 37th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute and Celebration
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 12-18
- University Heights Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Applause!: Jan. 12-19
- Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- Greenfield Service Agency Awarded Major Lilly Endowment Grant
- Danica and Aaron?
Search Site for Articles