IRVINGTON — George W. Julian School 57 has been awarded a Learning Garden by national organization, The Kitchen Community and hosted a kickoff ceremony May 16.
Classes from Kindergarten through 6th grade filled the garden beds with soil and planted a variety of plants and seeds.
The Kitchen Community’s Learning Gardens are designed to be outdoor classrooms that connect kids to real food, increase academic achievement and drive community engagement.
For more information, contact Principal Chantè Campbell at 317-226-4257. You can learn more about Learning Gardens and The Kitchen Community at thekitchencommunity.org
Other News This Week
- Danica Patrick: One Last shot at the Indy 500
- Small Business Saturday on the East Side
- Funds Sought for Public Art Pieces for Kennedy King Park
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Nov. 24-30
- Beginning of the Giving Season
- It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at Buck Creek Players
- Giving Thanks
- Vintage Ceramic Christmas Trees
- “Everybody Comes to Rick’s”
- Crackers For Christmas at the Bona
Search Site for Articles