INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis grassroots coalition is seeking to unite and mobilize 100,000 volunteers for a community-wide service initiative called Indy DO Day over the course of three days – October 10-12.
The coalition is calling on all Indianapolis businesses and nonprofits. Businesses are asked to commit their time to serving the community while nonprofits are asked to submit their needs.
The goal of Indy DO Day is for residents of Indianapolis to get to know their neighbors, take ownership of their neighborhoods and take care of one another. A community service project can be anything from hyper-local, neighborhood-focused projects that can be as varied as a beautification project to donating skills or materials to a local charity.
For more information and to get involved, visit www.indydoday.org.
Other News This Week
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- Colts Preseason Loss
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
- Applause!: Aug. 18-24
- IMPD Promotes Several to Command Staff
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
Search Site for Articles