From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, October 7: Today is the birthday anniversary of Indiana poet James Whitcomb Riley, and Hoosiers can show their appreciation of this great writer and humanitarian by contributing to the fund supporting the American Poets’ Ambulances Committee to send a Red Cross ambulance to the battle lines of Italy bearing the name of Riley. It is not only to honor Riley that Indiana should raise the necessary $2,000 (2016: $38,120) for this fund, but that her own men may come back home from overseas the sooner. School children from all parts of the state have sent their pennies, nickels, and quarters and the Teachers College of Indianapolis has sent a splendid check from its faculty and students. The Riley Ambulance project is in response to the great plea that has come from Italy for medical help.
Other News This Week
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Dec. 15-21
- IMPD Creates E-Commerce Exchange Zones
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 15-21
- Naughty and Nice . . .
- Irvington Luminaria Lights Up Historic Neighborhood
- Advertise with Us! Business Card Directory 2018
- The Elements Of A Column
- Christie Sides Named Fever Assistant Coach
- New Initiatives to Combat Violent Crime Announced
Search Site for Articles