From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, September 16: Thirty-two Indianapolis business and professional men organized the Patriotic League last night. The purpose of the Patriotic League is “to encourage and stimulate an intelligent support of the government now engaged in war; for the protection of American rights and institutions; to provide methods for striking at open or masked disloyalty; to aid the state and national governments in their policy of achieving a full measure of national efficiency.” Forming the Patriotic League in in line with a national plan to organize patriotic groups in all principal cities of the United States. The Patriotic League is determined to support the President in every detail of his plans to win the present war. Present membership will be increased greatly. Henry Lane Wilson, former United States ambassador to Mexico, was elected president.
Other News This Week
- Applause!: Jan. 12-19
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 12-18
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Jan. 12-18
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Jan. 12-18
- Art Along the Waterways — A Citywide Success Story
- Artist Elizabeth Seagull Heeter Gone Too Soon…
- University Heights Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Danica and Aaron?
- Greenfield Service Agency Awarded Major Lilly Endowment Grant
- Blood Shortage at Indiana Blood Center
Search Site for Articles