From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, September 16: Thirty-two Indianapolis business and professional men organized the Patriotic League last night. The purpose of the Patriotic League is “to encourage and stimulate an intelligent support of the government now engaged in war; for the protection of American rights and institutions; to provide methods for striking at open or masked disloyalty; to aid the state and national governments in their policy of achieving a full measure of national efficiency.” Forming the Patriotic League in in line with a national plan to organize patriotic groups in all principal cities of the United States. The Patriotic League is determined to support the President in every detail of his plans to win the present war. Present membership will be increased greatly. Henry Lane Wilson, former United States ambassador to Mexico, was elected president.
Other News This Week
- IACS at Capacity, Seeks Adopters
- “Blazing Barriers” at Garfield Park, Special Discussion on CCC
- Hispanic Heritage Month in Indianapolis to Oct. 15
- Cabaret Poe Returns Oct. 13
- City Develops Sustainability and Resilience Action Plan
- Tony-Award Winning Play Opens IRT Season Sept. 19
- Indianapolis: The Great Flood of 1913, Part 2
- How Much is That Doggy?
- Honk! Eastsider Remembers September 11
- The Ws.
Search Site for Articles