From The Indianapolis News, Saturday, August 18: Five barbers were arrested and five grocerymen face arrest as a result of another attempt to force barbers and grocerymen to close their places of business on Sunday. The charge is that the men accused violated the Sunday closing laws last Sunday. The barbers were arrested shortly after the affidavits were filed, and the constables were to arrest the grocery keepers late today. The filing of the affidavits and the arrests are part of a plan to force the barber shops and groceries to close their doors on Sunday. An injunction suit is now pending in superior court asking that the Claypool Hotel barber shop be restrained from opening on Sunday, but a decision has not been reached. To prevent the opening of shops tomorrow the Indianapolis Church Federation filed the affidavits today.
Other News This Week
- Indiana State Museum to Honor Veterans with Display
- New Public Art on 16th St.
- A Century of Irvington Homes Sept. 17
- Indiana Landmarks Names 2017 Award Winners
- This Week’s Issue: Sept. 15-21
- Monon16 Redevelopment Promises More Eastside Revitalization
- Going to The Masquerade Ball
- Buck Creek Players Present “Nuts”
- Honk! Eastsider Remembers September 11
- The Ws.
Search Site for Articles