INDIANAPOLIS — The Board of Directors for Community Alliance of the Far East Side (CAFE) formally announced Michael Howe as their new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on Aug. 7.
Howe has dedicated the past 20 years working in the non-profit sector. From Vice President of Neighborhood Services at Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center to Executive Director at Social Health Association of Indiana, where he implemented a nationally recognized evidence-based curriculum. Most recently, Howe was the Executive Director of the Sport Complex at IUPUI, including the IU Natatorium and Michael A. Carroll Track and Soccer Stadium.
The Far Eastside is a suburban, working class Indianapolis community located outside the interstate beltway around the city and approximately ten miles from downtown. Boundaries for the Community Alliance of the Far Eastside include I-465 to the west, Pendleton Pike and 56th street to the north, Carroll Road to the east, and Washington Street to the south. The CAFE headquarters is located at 8902 E. 38th St. and offers programs for youth, seniors, community development, and working families. For more information, call 317-890-3288 or visit their Web site, www.cafeindy.org.
Other News This Week
- This Week’s Issue: Sept. 22-29
- City Develops Sustainability and Resilience Action Plan
- Indiana State Museum to Honor Veterans with Display
- “Blazing Barriers” at Garfield Park, Special Discussion on CCC
- Going to The Masquerade Ball
- Bicentennial Torch Relay Documentary to be Screened at Heartland Film Festival
- Hispanic Heritage Month in Indianapolis to Oct. 15
- Cabaret Poe Returns Oct. 13
- Scholarship Ghost Tour Sells Out
Search Site for Articles