From The Indianapolis News, Monday, May 14: With speeches, music and patriotic drills by school children, flag raising ceremonies continued around Indianapolis. A crowd of 2,000 Brightwood residents gathered in front of Engine House No. 21 as another crowd gathered on the south side in front of Engine House No. 26 at Webb and Raymond Streets to celebrate the raising of flags. All elements of Irvington life were present to celebrate the flag raising at the Irvington public school. The pole was presented by the Irvington Business Men’s Association and the flag was presented by the Major Robert Anderson Woman’s Relief Corps. The board of park commissioners have ordered flag poles for the city parks, and the Willard Business Men’s Association will provide the flag for Willard Park and the Parent-Teacher Club will give a flag for Garfield Park.
Other News This Week
- Applause!: Jan. 19-25
- Warren Central Wins County Title!
- A Raisin in the Sun at the IRT
- 40th Anniversary of the Blizzard of ’78
- HUD Awards over $19 Mil. to Hoosier Homeless Programs
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Jan. 19-25
- The Stranger’s Face
- Warren Central Winter Guard Send Off Performance Jan. 20
- Pacers Host STEM Fest 2018
- Handsome Harry Pierpont, Part 1
Search Site for Articles