From The Indianapolis News, Thursday, March 1: This morning’s news of Germany’s proposed alliance with Mexico and Japan to make war on the United States if this country should enter the European War saw only a slight increase in enlistments at the local U. S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps recruiting stations. However, Sergeant George W. Harrington at the army recruiting station said it’s his experience that it takes about a day before such war news results in a surge in enlistments. Several men signed-up at the Navy recruiting station and a number of telephone calls were received; the officers in charge are also preparing for a rush of business soon. Marine Corps recruiters expect a marked increase in enlistments, too. So great is the need for Marines that former Marines can re-enlist with the rank they had when discharged.
Other News This Week
- Senior Source Special Section: April 28-May 4
- Binford Redevelopment & Growth Area Gets Facelift April 29
- Applause!: April 28-May 4
- Indycars at Alabama
- This Week’s Issue: April 28-May 4
- Paramount’s Robotics Teams Return to Worlds for the 4th Time
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 2
- Eastbound I-70 Exit to Post Rd. Closes April 28-May 1
- Dreamgirls at Footlite Musicals
- One Man’s Trash . . .
Search Site for Articles