INDIANAPOLIS – The city’s Carrier Task Force will partner with Pete the Planner to host a multi-part program for employees affected by the relocation of Carrier’s Indianapolis facility. The program, entitled “Your Money Plan,” will be held over a four month period and provide each shift of displaced Carrier workers and their families resources to begin planning for their financial future, at no cost to them.
The “Your Money Plan,” will offer three workshops aimed at preparing workers and their families with a comprehensive financial strategy. The first phase will focus on financial triage and address worker’s immediate financial challenges. The second will identify opportunities for families to stabilize their income, in preparation for a change in income, with budgeting taking center stage. The third workshop will concentrate on the building blocks of healthy financial decision making and opportunities for long-term planning. Other topics which will be covered include benefits continuation, retirement, housing expenses, transportation expenses, education expenses, and money and family.
This announcement follows the news that the city’s Carrier Task Force would establish a $1.2 million fund to assist workers affected by the recently announced relocation of a Carrier’s Indianapolis facility. The $1.2 million was secured from Carrier and its parent company United Technologies Corporation, and the figure corresponds to the local tax incentive package accepted by the companies in 2011.
Other News This Week
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
- Federick Polley Retrospective at the Bona Thompson Memorial Center May 13-July 31
- A Bowl of Mints
- Store Closures, Lack of Access Drive Food Insecurity on East Side
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
- George W. Julian School 57 Awarded Learning Garden
- Councillor Blake Johnson Awards Second Annual Eastside Emerging Leaders Scholarships
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 4
- German Church Fundraising Goal Achieved
- Shrek, The Musical debuts at Beef & Boards on May 18
Search Site for Articles