INDIANAPOLIS — Mayor Joe Hogsett announced this week that Bean Creek will be the City’s ‘Neighborhood of the Month’ for September, 2017. The Neighborhood of the Month initiative highlights an Indianapolis community each month, working to engage local groups and promote projects by various City departments.
Inspired by the desire to make the neighborhood a better place to live, the Bean Creek Neighborhood Association (BCNA) was resurrected in May of 2016 by longtime resident and current neighborhood association president Bernadette “Bernie” Price. Once reorganized, the BCNA hit the ground running by officially registering as a neighborhood, joining the South Indy Quality of Life Plan, and hosting their own National Night Out event all within the first year.
In addition to their efforts to improve Bean Creek, neighborhood leaders have made an impact on the surrounding community. The two latest recipients of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department’s Southeast District Crime Fighter of the Year award are BCNA members: Bernie Price in 2016, and Debbie Conway in 2017.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to use the hashtag #IndyNoM when posting on social media about Bean Creek during the month of September. To nominate your neighborhood for Neighborhood of the Month visit: http://indy.gov/NoM.
Other News This Week
- Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Jan. 12-18
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 12-18
- Blood Shortage at Indiana Blood Center
- The Thrill of the Hunt
- Artist Elizabeth Seagull Heeter Gone Too Soon…
- White River State Park celebrates MLK, Jr. Day with Free Admissions
- Art Along the Waterways — A Citywide Success Story
- University Heights Named Neighborhood of the Month
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Jan. 12-18
Search Site for Articles