INDIANAPOLIS — Mayor Joe Hogsett announced this week that Bean Creek will be the City’s ‘Neighborhood of the Month’ for September, 2017. The Neighborhood of the Month initiative highlights an Indianapolis community each month, working to engage local groups and promote projects by various City departments.
Inspired by the desire to make the neighborhood a better place to live, the Bean Creek Neighborhood Association (BCNA) was resurrected in May of 2016 by longtime resident and current neighborhood association president Bernadette “Bernie” Price. Once reorganized, the BCNA hit the ground running by officially registering as a neighborhood, joining the South Indy Quality of Life Plan, and hosting their own National Night Out event all within the first year.
In addition to their efforts to improve Bean Creek, neighborhood leaders have made an impact on the surrounding community. The two latest recipients of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department’s Southeast District Crime Fighter of the Year award are BCNA members: Bernie Price in 2016, and Debbie Conway in 2017.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to use the hashtag #IndyNoM when posting on social media about Bean Creek during the month of September. To nominate your neighborhood for Neighborhood of the Month visit: http://indy.gov/NoM.
Other News This Week
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Nov. 17-23
- Notre Dame-USC and the Hollywood Connection, Part 2
- Groundbreaking Held for Teachers’ Village
- Colts Notes
- 10th Annual Autumn Art Fair Nov. 18-19
- IPS Showcase of Schools Nov. 18 Features Programs and Choices
- St. Vincent de Paul Mission 27 Resale
- Crestwood Village Residents Raise Awareness and Money for Indy Honor Flight
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Nov. 17-23
- Pogue’s Run Task Force Gains City Recognition
Search Site for Articles