INDIANAPOLIS — Indy Parks will hold a meeting about a future park at 2204 E. New York St., the former property of the Outlaws, on Aug. 22 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Woodruff Place Baptist Church, 1739 E. Michigan St.
Earlier this year, Indy Parks acquired the property at the corner of Jefferson and New York, which was the former Outlaws clubhouse. The clubhouse was raided by federal, state, and local authorities in July 2012 after years of trouble. More than 40 club members were arrested on a variety of charges, including racketeering, extortion, and drug dealing. The house was demolished in 2015 and there has been discussion for months about how to best serve the neighborhood.
Residents are encouraged to come to the informational meeting and share ideas and concerns.
Other News This Week
- The Elements Of A Column
- New Initiatives to Combat Violent Crime Announced
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Christie Sides Named Fever Assistant Coach
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 15-21
- The Black Hat Society Raises $7200 for Charity
- Applause!: Dec. 15-21
- Advertise with Us! Business Card Directory 2018
- City Begins Demolition of Oil Storage Site
- Homelessness Declines in 2017
Search Site for Articles