From The Indianapolis News, Thursday, July 26: Today begins the three day canvass for Sympathy Saturday to raise funds to send sick and weak children to the Summer Mission camp at Fairview Park. This campaign combines into a single appeal under the auspices of the Children’s Aid Association’s Pure Milk Fund the separate fresh-air fund drives of the Star Summer Mission, the News Cheeryvale, and the Times Help-a-Child. More than 3,000 volunteers will visit business offices, factories and homes with the goal of collecting $20,000 (2016: $381,196) in donations for the Summer Mission. Presently, the mission is full, but room will be made for new arrivals. Yesterday 117 meals were served. There are eleven babies in the hospital, and a number of others who are not seriously sick to be hospitalized but are suffering from malnutrition and negligence.
Other News This Week
- Heartland Film Festival Closes Oct. 22
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
- This Week’s Issue: Oct. 20-26
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- Irvington Named Neighborhood of the Month
- KIB Receives Grant for Community Greening
- 71st Historic Irvington Halloween Festival Guide
Search Site for Articles