From The Indianapolis news, Tuesday, May 1: This was Suffrage Calling Day. Visiting suffragists bearing the yellow badge and armed with a pencil and pad formed the May Day cohort by which every woman in Indianapolis will be urged to register to vote in the coming city election. More than 500 yellow badges were given out, and each woman who wore a badge went out today, determined to enlist five more women. The final returns of today’s campaign were expected to show a decided increase over the previous record. Janet Flanner, city chair of the Franchise League, has called an organization meeting for May 8 when the results of Calling Day will be reported and the ward chairs will be announced. The ward chairs will form the central committee, which will act as a “flying squadron” during the campaign.
Other News This Week
- Neighborhoods May be Impacted by North Split Reconstruction
- IACS Announces Partnership With New York Rescue
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Feb. 23-March 1
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- 200 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- Ante Up
- Is President’s Day Really a Holiday?
Search Site for Articles