INDIANAPOLIS — Phoenix Theatre announces the Ground Breaking Ceremony for the construction of its new, state-of-the-art facility on May 2 at 1 p.m. at 705 N. Illinois St.. Details for the ceremony will follow at a later date.
Construction will begin in May of 2017 at the northwest corner of Illinois and Walnut Streets — directly on the Glick Peace Walk of the Indianapolis Cultural Trail — in downtown Indianapolis.
In January 2016 the theatre purchased property at the northeast corner of Illinois and Walnut Streets, where the Glick Peace Walk of the Indianapolis Cultural Trail crosses Illinois Street. In addition to the two parcels of land where the new theater will be built, the Phoenix acquired a 48-space parking lot directly across Illinois Street. RATIO Architects has been chosen to design the building.
To date, the theatre has raised almost $7.3 million toward a goal of $9 million.
For more information on the Phoenix Theatre visit: www.phoenixtheater.org.
Other News This Week
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Bona Thompson Memorial Center Hosts Petersen Poster Exhibit
- IndyCar Comings and Goings
- Barbecue Premieres at the Phoenix
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- October Diary 2017, Part 1
- Ghost the Musical at Beef & Boards
- Dancing With Witches
- The Originalist at the IRT
- The Black Hat Society Calendar Release Friday the 13th
Search Site for Articles