From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, April 22: BUY A HOME! This is the message of “Buy-a-Home Week” which begins tomorrow. Every Indianapolis civic organization has been asked by realtors to make this thought uppermost in its work for the week. BUY A HOME placards will be carried on street cars and posted in store windows. BUY A HOME notices will be displayed on factory bulletin boards and in cards placed in the pay envelopes of thousands of men and women. Even teachers will announce the BUY A HOME message in classrooms. Indianapolis is known as a city of homes; the percentage of resident ownership measures citizenship. The BUY A HOME campaign will endeavor to renounce the path which seems to now be taking Indianapolis toward a city of flats and tenements and start again the ideal of homeownership.
Other News This Week
- Raiders of the Lost Antiques July 22
- Make Their Day Special — Vintage Wedding Gifts
- 2017 Indiana Authors Award Winners Announced
- Final Entertainment on the Plaza Show July 22
- Sherman Park Reuse Kick-Off Slated for Aug. 1
- American Legion Dept. of Indiana Names 2017 Distinguished Public Service Awards
- Big Fish: The Musical at Footlite
- Systemic Policing Reforms Announced
- What Time Is It?
- World War I 100 Years Ago: July 21-27
Search Site for Articles