From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, April 22: BUY A HOME! This is the message of “Buy-a-Home Week” which begins tomorrow. Every Indianapolis civic organization has been asked by realtors to make this thought uppermost in its work for the week. BUY A HOME placards will be carried on street cars and posted in store windows. BUY A HOME notices will be displayed on factory bulletin boards and in cards placed in the pay envelopes of thousands of men and women. Even teachers will announce the BUY A HOME message in classrooms. Indianapolis is known as a city of homes; the percentage of resident ownership measures citizenship. The BUY A HOME campaign will endeavor to renounce the path which seems to now be taking Indianapolis toward a city of flats and tenements and start again the ideal of homeownership.
Other News This Week
- Indiana National Road Association Annual Meeting
- Dancing With Witches
- City to Pursue Legal Action Against Opioid Manufacturers
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Oct. 13-19
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Bona Thompson Memorial Center Hosts Petersen Poster Exhibit
- Applause! Oct. 13-19
- Westminster Neighborhood Services Seeks Volunteers
Search Site for Articles