From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, April 22: BUY A HOME! This is the message of “Buy-a-Home Week” which begins tomorrow. Every Indianapolis civic organization has been asked by realtors to make this thought uppermost in its work for the week. BUY A HOME placards will be carried on street cars and posted in store windows. BUY A HOME notices will be displayed on factory bulletin boards and in cards placed in the pay envelopes of thousands of men and women. Even teachers will announce the BUY A HOME message in classrooms. Indianapolis is known as a city of homes; the percentage of resident ownership measures citizenship. The BUY A HOME campaign will endeavor to renounce the path which seems to now be taking Indianapolis toward a city of flats and tenements and start again the ideal of homeownership.
Other News This Week
- Art Along the Waterways — A Citywide Success Story
- Peace. Love. Understanding.
- Greenfield Service Agency Awarded Major Lilly Endowment Grant
- University Heights Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Danica and Aaron?
- White River State Park celebrates MLK, Jr. Day with Free Admissions
- IPS Announces 37th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute and Celebration
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Jan. 12-18
- The Thrill of the Hunt
- Overflow Shelters Opened Through February
Search Site for Articles