From The Indianapolis Star, Sunday, April 22: BUY A HOME! This is the message of “Buy-a-Home Week” which begins tomorrow. Every Indianapolis civic organization has been asked by realtors to make this thought uppermost in its work for the week. BUY A HOME placards will be carried on street cars and posted in store windows. BUY A HOME notices will be displayed on factory bulletin boards and in cards placed in the pay envelopes of thousands of men and women. Even teachers will announce the BUY A HOME message in classrooms. Indianapolis is known as a city of homes; the percentage of resident ownership measures citizenship. The BUY A HOME campaign will endeavor to renounce the path which seems to now be taking Indianapolis toward a city of flats and tenements and start again the ideal of homeownership.
Other News This Week
- Monon16 Redevelopment Promises More Eastside Revitalization
- “Blazing Barriers” at Garfield Park, Special Discussion on CCC
- This Week’s Issue: Sept. 22-29
- Applause!: Sept. 22-28
- Neighborhoods Collaborating to Create Positive Change to be Honored
- Abraham Lincoln Grave Robbers, Part 1
- How Much is That Doggy?
- Bicentennial Torch Relay Documentary to be Screened at Heartland Film Festival
- 100 Years Ago: Sept. 22-28
Search Site for Articles