From The Indianapolis Star, Friday, March 30: After Indiana’s prohibition law becomes effective next year, the entire capacity of the Home Brewing Co will be devoted to the manufacture of soft drinks according to company president and superintendent, Peter Lawall. The company’s large plant, east of the downtown district on South Cruse St, will be devoted to the manufacture of a non-alcoholic and non-intoxicating beverage that has been made in small quantities by the brewery for several years. Officials with Citizens Brewing Co, American Brewing Co, and Indianapolis Brewing Co say that a number of offers are being considered, but no definitive steps have been taken in this matter. It is possible that they will turn to the manufacture of non-alcoholic beverages or the plants will be used as cold storage houses.
Other News This Week
- Make Their Day Special — Vintage Wedding Gifts
- This Week’s Issue: July 21-27
- Osborn Oldroyd — Keeper of the Lincoln Flame, Part 2
- Family Matters
- What Time Is It?
- Sherman Park Reuse Kick-Off Slated for Aug. 1
- American Legion Dept. of Indiana Names 2017 Distinguished Public Service Awards
- Final Entertainment on the Plaza Show July 22
- World War I 100 Years Ago: July 21-27
- 100 Years Ago This Week: July 21-27
Search Site for Articles