From The Indianapolis Star, Thursday, March 8: Two hundred women meet yesterday afternoon at the Chamber of Commerce and formed a nonpartisan league to educate Indianapolis women on political subjects following a motion by Mrs. Samuel E. (Mary) Perkins that was carried unanimously. Miss Julia Landers was chosen temporary chair of the meeting and explained the first thing to do is to make use of the new organization to learn about politics and the duties of citizenship, and then to cooperate with other civic organizations. It was stressed that the new organization is to be absolutely nonpartisan. A committee consisting of one woman from each of the fifteen wards of the city is to be appointed to draw up a constitution and bylaws for the league. Among the subjects to be studied by the league will be the constitution.
Other News This Week
- Give Me That Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll
- IMPD PAL Club Member Recieves Full Scholarship
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 23-March 1
- Thomas Edison in Indianapolis
- Paws & Think Therapy Dogs Visit ProAct Kids in Action
- Is President’s Day Really a Holiday?
- Beech Grove Schools Receive IndyPL Library Cards
- Don’t Touch Anything
- Hancock Co. Launches PulsePoint App
- IACS Announces Partnership With New York Rescue
Search Site for Articles