INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 25 at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10612 E. Washington St. At 10 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the 38th Division Quintet and the Memorial Day program will begin at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include Mayor Greg Ballard, and Adjutant General of Indiana Major General R. Martin Umbarger. The ceremony will include a 21 gun howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard, and the unveiling of names of two Indiana military personnel who have died in service since the last Memorial Day. They include Staff SGT Matthew R. Ammerman, U.S. Army, and CPL Jordan L. Spears, U.S. Marines.
Other News This Week
- Barbecue Premieres at the Phoenix
- Dancing With Witches
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
- This Week’s Issue: Oct. 20-26
- Applause!: Oct. 20-26
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- KIB Receives Grant for Community Greening
- October Diary 2017, Part 1
- IMPD Deputy Chief Named President of NAWLEE
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Oct. 20-26
Search Site for Articles