INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 25 at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10612 E. Washington St. At 10 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the 38th Division Quintet and the Memorial Day program will begin at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include Mayor Greg Ballard, and Adjutant General of Indiana Major General R. Martin Umbarger. The ceremony will include a 21 gun howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard, and the unveiling of names of two Indiana military personnel who have died in service since the last Memorial Day. They include Staff SGT Matthew R. Ammerman, U.S. Army, and CPL Jordan L. Spears, U.S. Marines.
Other News This Week
- Store Closures, Lack of Access Drive Food Insecurity on East Side
- George W. Julian School 57 Awarded Learning Garden
- Kiritsis And Me: Enduring 63 Hours at Gunpoint by Dick Hallwith Lisa Hendrickson
- This Week’s Issue: May 19-25
- Applause!: May 26-June 1
- DNR Firewood Rules in Effect
- A Bowl of Mints
- No Triple Crown
- Mid May Sports
- Breakfast with Neto: Marvin Gaye
Search Site for Articles