INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 25 at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10612 E. Washington St. At 10 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the 38th Division Quintet and the Memorial Day program will begin at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include Mayor Greg Ballard, and Adjutant General of Indiana Major General R. Martin Umbarger. The ceremony will include a 21 gun howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard, and the unveiling of names of two Indiana military personnel who have died in service since the last Memorial Day. They include Staff SGT Matthew R. Ammerman, U.S. Army, and CPL Jordan L. Spears, U.S. Marines.
Other News This Week
- Jack Eichacker Soup Supper Benefits Hope Counseling
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
- Ebenezer Scrooge in America
- Volunteers Needed for Luminaria
- Alzheimer’s Association Offers Tips to Make the Holiday Season Brighter
- 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
- Applause!: Dec. 8-14
- Second Tour of Coca-Cola Plant Offered
- Our Store of Memories
- Perry Meridian Wins Anti-Litter Video Contest
Search Site for Articles