INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 25 at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10612 E. Washington St. At 10 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the 38th Division Quintet and the Memorial Day program will begin at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include Mayor Greg Ballard, and Adjutant General of Indiana Major General R. Martin Umbarger. The ceremony will include a 21 gun howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard, and the unveiling of names of two Indiana military personnel who have died in service since the last Memorial Day. They include Staff SGT Matthew R. Ammerman, U.S. Army, and CPL Jordan L. Spears, U.S. Marines.
Other News This Week
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- Colts Preseason Loss
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- IMPD Promotes Several to Command Staff
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- Applause!: Aug. 18-24
Search Site for Articles