INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 25 at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10612 E. Washington St. At 10 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the 38th Division Quintet and the Memorial Day program will begin at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include Mayor Greg Ballard, and Adjutant General of Indiana Major General R. Martin Umbarger. The ceremony will include a 21 gun howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard, and the unveiling of names of two Indiana military personnel who have died in service since the last Memorial Day. They include Staff SGT Matthew R. Ammerman, U.S. Army, and CPL Jordan L. Spears, U.S. Marines.
Other News This Week
- My Left Foot
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
- Frank Reich Will Guide the Horseshoe
- State Announces New Initiatives to Combat Opioid Crisis
Search Site for Articles