Eastside hoops fans were torn between two favorites on Jan. 26 — root for top-seeded Scecina or second-seed Howe for the coveted City tournament championship. After a heated battle, Howe emerged victorious, 75-72, in a show-stopping game. Howe’s last City championship came in 1987.
Harris Brown led the Hornets with 35 points. Brown has been burning up the court lately with big scoring over the latest rivals. Likewise, T.J. Henderson and Zach Rutland put in a big effort for the Crusaders. Howe coach Mosi Barnes and Scecina coach Rob New inspired great play from both teams.
Congratulations to Howe for bringing great basketball to the east side.
Other News This Week
- Colts Preseason Loss
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
- This Week’s Issue: Aug. 18-24
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Search Site for Articles