Eastside hoops fans were torn between two favorites on Jan. 26 — root for top-seeded Scecina or second-seed Howe for the coveted City tournament championship. After a heated battle, Howe emerged victorious, 75-72, in a show-stopping game. Howe’s last City championship came in 1987.
Harris Brown led the Hornets with 35 points. Brown has been burning up the court lately with big scoring over the latest rivals. Likewise, T.J. Henderson and Zach Rutland put in a big effort for the Crusaders. Howe coach Mosi Barnes and Scecina coach Rob New inspired great play from both teams.
Congratulations to Howe for bringing great basketball to the east side.
Other News This Week
- IndyPLs Summer Reading Program Features “Read It & Eat” June 5-July 29
- Meijer Assists St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- George W. Julian School 57 Awarded Learning Garden
- 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- Breakfast with Neto: Marvin Gaye
- The Hidden Dangers of Pallet Wood
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 4
- IMPD Officer Wins TOP COPS Award
- Shrek, The Musical debuts at Beef & Boards on May 18
- No Triple Crown
Search Site for Articles