Eastside hoops fans were torn between two favorites on Jan. 26 — root for top-seeded Scecina or second-seed Howe for the coveted City tournament championship. After a heated battle, Howe emerged victorious, 75-72, in a show-stopping game. Howe’s last City championship came in 1987.
Harris Brown led the Hornets with 35 points. Brown has been burning up the court lately with big scoring over the latest rivals. Likewise, T.J. Henderson and Zach Rutland put in a big effort for the Crusaders. Howe coach Mosi Barnes and Scecina coach Rob New inspired great play from both teams.
Congratulations to Howe for bringing great basketball to the east side.
Other News This Week
- Give Me That Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Paws & Think Therapy Dogs Visit ProAct Kids in Action
- Beech Grove Schools Receive IndyPL Library Cards
- Thomas Edison in Indianapolis
- Ante Up
- Is President’s Day Really a Holiday?
- FACE Clinic Ready to Cut the Ribbon on Expanded Facility
- IMPD PAL Club Member Recieves Full Scholarship
- IACS Announces Partnership With New York Rescue
- Daytona 500
Search Site for Articles