Eastside hoops fans were torn between two favorites on Jan. 26 — root for top-seeded Scecina or second-seed Howe for the coveted City tournament championship. After a heated battle, Howe emerged victorious, 75-72, in a show-stopping game. Howe’s last City championship came in 1987.
Harris Brown led the Hornets with 35 points. Brown has been burning up the court lately with big scoring over the latest rivals. Likewise, T.J. Henderson and Zach Rutland put in a big effort for the Crusaders. Howe coach Mosi Barnes and Scecina coach Rob New inspired great play from both teams.
Congratulations to Howe for bringing great basketball to the east side.
Other News This Week
- Collectible Luggage
- A Brief History of Father’s Day
- 17th Annual Irvington Garden Tour June 25
- BOBDIREX Presents “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- Other People’s Children
- Tech Class of 2017 Graduates
- Woodruff Place Home, Garden, and Coop Tour June 24-25
- Pages of Life
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site Offers 4th of July Events
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
Search Site for Articles