Eastside hoops fans were torn between two favorites on Jan. 26 — root for top-seeded Scecina or second-seed Howe for the coveted City tournament championship. After a heated battle, Howe emerged victorious, 75-72, in a show-stopping game. Howe’s last City championship came in 1987.
Harris Brown led the Hornets with 35 points. Brown has been burning up the court lately with big scoring over the latest rivals. Likewise, T.J. Henderson and Zach Rutland put in a big effort for the Crusaders. Howe coach Mosi Barnes and Scecina coach Rob New inspired great play from both teams.
Congratulations to Howe for bringing great basketball to the east side.
Other News This Week
- 71st Historic Irvington Halloween Festival Guide
- IMPD Deputy Chief Named President of NAWLEE
- KIB Receives Grant for Community Greening
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Oct. 20-26
- Barbecue Premieres at the Phoenix
- Mass Ave. Industrial Corridor Rebranded
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Dancing With Witches
- October Diary 2017, Part 1
Search Site for Articles