INDIANAPOLIS —The Veterans Reclaim Armistice Day event, part of both the 18th annual Spirit & Place Festival and the inaugural VonnegutFest hosted by the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, will take place Saturday, Nov. 9 at the Herron School of Art’s Eskenazi Hall. It is free to the public.
Touching on the 2013 Spirit & Place Festival theme of “risk,” the event will explore the impact on veterans upon returning home, and will feature:
• Panel moderator Steve Inskeep of NPR’s Morning Edition
• Award-winning writers Tim O’Brien and Benjamin Patton
• ArtReach instructor and veteran Hugo Patrocino
• Poet Jason Poudrier
• U.S. Army Capt. Olivia Cobiskey
Veterans discuss risk of joining the military and participating in combat, as well as asking for help with combat-related psychological injuries. There will be a discussion of literary expression as a means of coping with PTSD, a “Veterans and the arts” resource fair, and an exhibit from international Combat Paper Project, showcasing works made by paper created from soldiers’ own uniforms.
Other News This Week
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
- Applause!: Oct. 20-26
- Heartland Film Festival Closes Oct. 22
- This Week’s Issue: Oct. 20-26
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
- October Madness
- Dancing With Witches
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Oct. 20-26
Search Site for Articles