Last year, Fourth of July fireworks fizzled under a fireworks ban during the drought, but 2013 will be different! This year, communities are ready to celebrate with some razzle-dazzle (weather permitting), picnics, and more.
Join the Beech Grove Promoters Club during an All-American Day in the Park July 3 at Sara T. Bolton Park. Food vendors include the Beech Grove Lions Club, Beech Grove High School Band, Boy Scout Troup 108, the Holy Name Catholic Church Men’s Club, the Southport Lions Club, Beech Grove Historical Society, Beech Grove Promoters Club and Indianapolis Baptist Temple. Food sales begin at 3 p.m., and the music begins at 3:30 p.m. There will be kid’s games in the main shelter area. Fireworks start at dark (about 9 p.m.).
In the City of Lawrence, come on out to the Lawrence 4th Fest, featuring two days of food and excitement at Lawrence Community Park, 5301 N. Franklin Rd. There will be a Lawrence Lions Club fish fry, beginning at 11 a.m., and other food vendors at 5 p.m., plus a beer garden. Come for music from 6-9 p.m. on the west stage. Then, on July 4, there will be a parade beginning at Harrison Hill Elementary (53rd and Richardt), south Richardt to 47th, then up Franklin Rd. to the Lawrence Community Park. The park will host a car show, family fun zone, music all day long, and food vendors. Don’t miss the fireworks at 10 p.m. to cap off a lively day.
Other News This Week
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- IMPD Promotes Several to Command Staff
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- This Week’s Issue: Aug. 18-24
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
Search Site for Articles