INDIANAPOLIS— The former fire station at 1030 E. Washington St. has been donated to the Indianapolis Police Department to be repurposed as a substation. The site was donated by Fred Abel LLC, owner of the former Angie’s List campus on the near east side. Previously, it had been home to a photography business and was the reception space for Angie’s List headquarters. Built in 1896, the building was in use as a fire station until 1971 when the Abel’s acquired it.
The substation is a place were police can take breaks and do paperwork.
The former Angie’s List campus has been renamed Elevator Hill, currently is used for several businesses, including Ball State University’s College of Architecture and Planning, Futuro Pizza, Circle City Kombucha, Morphey Construction, and the Indy Gaming League.
-
Other News This Week
- Indiana State Fair Offers Early Ticket Discounts
- Community Health Network Expands TIL Therapy Program
- DPW Designates Bridge as the Greenlawn Memorial Bridge
- This Week’s Issue: July 31-Aug. 6
- Roundabout Construction in Lawrence Update
- The Diary of Anne Frank, Part 1
- New Murals at Local Jiffy Lubes
- 100 Years Ago: July 31-Aug. 6
- Black Men Can’t Swim
- Roundhouses
Search Site for Articles


