INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Park and Recreation Association announced that Indy Parks has won the 2018 Outstanding Parks Agency award. Indy Parks also received the Outstanding Parks Professional and Excellence in Resource Improvement awards.
IPRA is a membership based organization that exists for the benefit of over 900 park and recreation professionals in Indiana including Indy Parks.
Don Colvin, Deputy Director of Indy Parks, is the recipient of the Outstanding Parks Professional award. For over 25 years, Colvin has been a tireless steward for parks and greenspaces. Under his leadership, Indy Parks has developed the Monon Trail, Garfield Park Arts Center, Windsor Village Park Family Center, Holliday Park Nature Center and Ruins, and so much more.
The Excellence in Resource Improvement was awarded to Indy Parks’ deer management program at Eagle Creek Park. Beth Krouch (Chief Operations Officer) received a scholarship to attend the annual event and participate in educational conference sessions.
For more information about Indy Parks, visit indy.gov/parks or call (317) 327-PARK.
Other News This Week
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- My Left Foot
- An American Classic — the Lunch Box
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- “Singin’ in the Rain” at Garfield Park
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- State Announces New Initiatives to Combat Opioid Crisis
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
Search Site for Articles