INDIANAPOLIS — Throughout the month of September, Mayor Joe Hogsett will host the Move with the Mayor challenge. Mayor Hogsett and members of the administration will lead residents on walks in areas across the city to promote the health benefits of walking 30 minutes per day.
Walks will take place on Saturdays throughout the month of September, culminating with a lunchtime walk with Mayor Hogsett on World Heart Day, September 29th. The walks are designed to highlight the cultural and neighborhood diversity of Indianapolis, as well as the many community assets our city has to offer.
The first walk will take place Sat., Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. Led by Deputy Mayor Jeff Bennett, participants will join members of IMPD and IFD for a “March to the Match,” walking from Indianapolis City Market to Michael Carroll Stadium to watch the Indy Eleven take on the San Francisco Deltas. Immediately following the match, participants will be treated to the IMPD-IFD rivalry game. Those who participate in the walk are eligible for discounted tickets to the match. Visit www.indyeleven.com/ for information about discounted special tickets for the event.
The Move with the Mayor initiative was developed in partnership with the National Forum for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention. Research has shown that daily 30-minute walks can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease, a leading cause of death in Indiana.
Other News This Week
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 19-25
- 40th Anniversary of the Blizzard of ’78
- Warren Central Wins County Title!
- 2017 IPS Graduation Rate Increase
- 100 Years Ago: Jan. 19-25
- IMPD E-Commerce Exchange Zones Offer Safer Alternatives
- A Raisin in the Sun at the IRT
- HUD Awards over $19 Mil. to Hoosier Homeless Programs
- Pacers Host STEM Fest 2018
- Handsome Harry Pierpont, Part 1
Search Site for Articles