INDIANAPOLIS — Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers will conduct a Memorial Day service on Mon., May 29th, at the Hoosier Patriot Memorial on the grounds of Washington Park East Cemetery, 10722 E. Washington St.
At 9:30 a.m., a musical patriotic medley will be performed by the Navy Great Lake Quintet and the Memorial Day Program will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Speakers for the event will include the Honorable Eric Holcomb, the Governor of Indiana, and Major General Courtney P. Carr, the Adjutant General of Indiana.
The ceremony will include the Ceremonial Unit of the Indiana National Guard coupled with howitzer salute by the Indiana National Guard.
The Hoosier Patriot Memorial is comprised of a larger-than-life bronze statue of Indiana National Guardsman holding child by sculptor Bill Wolfe – kneeling on platform in shape of state of Indiana. The statue, called “The Rescue” faces east. Behind “The Rescue” stands a glass backdrop that has etched on it the traditional Minuteman figure – a man leaving his plough to take up arms in defense of his country.
Other News This Week
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
- Applause!: Oct. 20-26
- Barbecue Premieres at the Phoenix
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- Ball Canning Jars
- 71st Historic Irvington Halloween Festival Guide
- Heartland Film Festival Closes Oct. 22
- IMPD Deputy Chief Named President of NAWLEE
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
Search Site for Articles