INDIANAPOLIS — Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) will host nearly 200 volunteers this Saturday in the Binford Redevelopment and Growth (BRAG) neighborhood as part of the April Great Indy Cleanup. Volunteers will join neighbors in street cleanups, habitat restoration, and tree plantings along Binford Ave. between 65th and 75th Street April 29 from 8:30 a.m.-noon.
The BRAG neighborhood was selected as KIB’s 2017 Focus Neighborhood during a public selection event in November 2016. BRAG leaders completed an application and presented their case to the community. The BRAG neighborhood is Mayor Hogsett’s April 2017 Neighborhood of the Month.
Nearly 200 volunteers will meet for breakfast and project registration at 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot of Stanley Security Solutions. Mayor Hogsett will greet and address volunteers around 9:15 a.m. Then volunteers will collect tools and supplies and branch out into the community to begin projects, which will vary from location to location, but on the ground the work will take place along Binford Ave. and last until roughly noon.
Other News This Week
- Barbecue Premieres at the Phoenix
- Ball Canning Jars
- This Week’s Issue: Oct. 20-26
- Heartland Film Festival Closes Oct. 22
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- 71st Historic Irvington Halloween Festival Guide
- KIB Receives Grant for Community Greening
- Irvington Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Applause!: Oct. 20-26
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
Search Site for Articles