INDIANAPOLIS — Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) will host nearly 200 volunteers this Saturday in the Binford Redevelopment and Growth (BRAG) neighborhood as part of the April Great Indy Cleanup. Volunteers will join neighbors in street cleanups, habitat restoration, and tree plantings along Binford Ave. between 65th and 75th Street April 29 from 8:30 a.m.-noon.
The BRAG neighborhood was selected as KIB’s 2017 Focus Neighborhood during a public selection event in November 2016. BRAG leaders completed an application and presented their case to the community. The BRAG neighborhood is Mayor Hogsett’s April 2017 Neighborhood of the Month.
Nearly 200 volunteers will meet for breakfast and project registration at 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot of Stanley Security Solutions. Mayor Hogsett will greet and address volunteers around 9:15 a.m. Then volunteers will collect tools and supplies and branch out into the community to begin projects, which will vary from location to location, but on the ground the work will take place along Binford Ave. and last until roughly noon.
Other News This Week
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
- Breakfast with Neto: Marvin Gaye
- Flanner and Buchanan Holds Memorial Day Service
- The First 500 Festival Parade in 1957….60 Years Ago
- Meijer Assists St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Summerfest Kicks Off 2017 Festival Season
- News Briefs May 19-25
- No Triple Crown
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
- Shrek, The Musical debuts at Beef & Boards on May 18
Search Site for Articles