INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- Colts Preseason Loss
Search Site for Articles