INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- IMPD Officer Wins TOP COPS Award
- World War I 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- You Can’t Tell A Building By Its Location
- City Re-Launches Indianapolis Violence Reduction Partnership
- Shrek, The Musical debuts at Beef & Boards on May 18
- Mid May Sports
- Federick Polley Retrospective at the Bona Thompson Memorial Center May 13-July 31
- Dave Wilson & John Andretti: A Friendship
- Kiritsis And Me: Enduring 63 Hours at Gunpoint by Dick Hallwith Lisa Hendrickson
Search Site for Articles