INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- Heartland Film Festival Closes Oct. 22
- Dancing With Witches
- IMPD Deputy Chief Named President of NAWLEE
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Oct. 20-26
- Ball Canning Jars
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- October Madness
Search Site for Articles