INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- The Paul George Fiasco
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site Offers 4th of July Events
- Applause!: June 23-July 6
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- Other People’s Children
- Eskenazi Health Hosts Health Insurance Enrollment Event
- This Week’s Combo Issue: June 23 and 30
- Local Students Selected for Future Presidents of America Program
- BOBDIREX Presents “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- Fathers and Families Center Honors Deserving Fathers at Annual Luncheon
Search Site for Articles