INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- IPS Recommends Closing Three High Schools
- Epilogue Players Present First Monday in October
- Tulip Mania
- CIOS Annual Orchid Show April 22-23
- Cops Versus Kids in Basketball Playoff
- This Week’s Issue: April 21-27
- City Kicks Off 2017 Construction Season
- The Judgements of the Healthy
- Local Shops Team Up for Independent Bookstore Day
- 24th Annual Stutz Open House
Search Site for Articles