INDIANAPOLIS — Milestone Contractors plans to begin work on or after April 4 on a $4.2 million pavement repair and resurface project on I-74 between I-465 and London Road (Exit 103). Construction zone signs will be placed in late March.
Concrete pavement repairs will require weekend lane closures starting at 9 p.m. on Fridays until 6 a.m. on Mondays for approximately one month. Specific dates and locations of closures will be announced in advance.
Weather permitting, asphalt patching and paving is scheduled to begin in early May and will require overnight lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through the summer. Afterward, new lane markings, reflective pavement markers and shoulder corrugations will be installed.
The nine-mile project on I-74 southeast of Indianapolis is expected to be complete before October.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone.
Other News This Week
- Advertising Specials
- Scecina’s 12th Annual Mulch & Potting Soil Sale
- 100 Years Ago This Week: March 24-30
- World War I 100 Years Ago: March 24-30
- M*A*S*H at Buck Creek Players
- Education Guide: March 2017
- The Gifts We Sow
- Applause!: March 24-30
- “Boeing Boeing” a French Farce with International Appeal
- IndyPL Provides Students with Library Cards
Search Site for Articles