INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), has received numerous reports about payment scams targeting customers. Reports show they’ve been contacted by someone claiming to represent IPL and indicating that their electric service would be disconnected if they did not immediately provide payment.
IPL does not require nor recommend a specific payment method or type. We offer a variety of payment and billing options, which can be found online at IPLpower.com.
If IPL does call a customer, our representative will have specific and accurate information related to the customer’s billing account.
IPL also reminds customers to not provide personal information or comply with requests for payment unless they are confident with whom they are speaking to. Customers are asked to notify IPL if they receive a call and are unsure that the caller is truly an IPL employee. Please call IPL at 317-261-8222 (residential customer) or 317-261-8444 (business customer) to verify any questions you may have related to IPL bill payment and collection.
Additional tips for spotting a billing payment scam can be found by visiting www.in.gov/oucc. If you suspect you have been impacted by a scam, please call your local police department’s non-emergency number immediately to report it (317-327-3811).
Other News This Week
- The Hidden Dangers of Pallet Wood
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 4
- IndyPL Offers Online Library Card Registration
- 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
- Kiritsis And Me: Enduring 63 Hours at Gunpoint by Dick Hallwith Lisa Hendrickson
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
- IndyPLs Summer Reading Program Features “Read It & Eat” June 5-July 29
- Benton House Book Sale Donations Needed
- DNR Firewood Rules in Effect
Search Site for Articles