INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), has received numerous reports about payment scams targeting customers. Reports show they’ve been contacted by someone claiming to represent IPL and indicating that their electric service would be disconnected if they did not immediately provide payment.
IPL does not require nor recommend a specific payment method or type. We offer a variety of payment and billing options, which can be found online at IPLpower.com.
If IPL does call a customer, our representative will have specific and accurate information related to the customer’s billing account.
IPL also reminds customers to not provide personal information or comply with requests for payment unless they are confident with whom they are speaking to. Customers are asked to notify IPL if they receive a call and are unsure that the caller is truly an IPL employee. Please call IPL at 317-261-8222 (residential customer) or 317-261-8444 (business customer) to verify any questions you may have related to IPL bill payment and collection.
Additional tips for spotting a billing payment scam can be found by visiting www.in.gov/oucc. If you suspect you have been impacted by a scam, please call your local police department’s non-emergency number immediately to report it (317-327-3811).
Other News This Week
- Frank Reich Will Guide the Horseshoe
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- 200 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- “Singin’ in the Rain” at Garfield Park
Search Site for Articles