INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- New Eiteljorg Exhibit Features Dogs: Faithful and True
- Oaklandon Civic Theatre Presents King Mackerel and the Blues are Running
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Feb. 17-23
- Hancock Children’s Choir Moves into New Offices
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 17-23
- Public Maple Syrup Day March 4
- Keeping Hinkle, Hinkle: A Tale of Restoration
- Two Scecina Students Honored as Rising Stars of Indiana
- The Franken Berry Scare
- IDEM Offers Free Presentations to Indiana Students for Earth Day
Search Site for Articles