INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- Nominate a Deserving Father by April 21
- Downtown Indy Inc. purchases bicycles for IMPD Flex Team/Homeless Unit
- This Week’s Issue: March 17-23
- M*A*S*H at Buck Creek Players
- Education Guide: March 2017
- Reggie Harding: ABA Pacers’ 1st 7-Footer, Part 1
- Now, In Our Day: Part 3
- “Boeing Boeing” a French Farce with International Appeal
- Applause!: March 17-23
- The Paramount Music Palace, Part 2
Search Site for Articles