INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- Dave Wilson & John Andretti: A Friendship
- Shrek, The Musical debuts at Beef & Boards on May 18
- IMPD Officer Wins TOP COPS Award
- World War I 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- Federick Polley Retrospective at the Bona Thompson Memorial Center May 13-July 31
- German Church Fundraising Goal Achieved
- City Re-Launches Indianapolis Violence Reduction Partnership
- The Hidden Dangers of Pallet Wood
- Mid May Sports
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
Search Site for Articles