INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at Buck Creek Players
- This Week’s Issue: Nov. 24-30
- Vintage Ceramic Christmas Trees
- 100 Years Ago: Nov. 24-30
- Indiana Landmark Show and Sale Dec. 1
- Beginning of the Giving Season
- A Role I Was Born to Play
- Danica Patrick: One Last shot at the Indy 500
- Emerald City at the Harrison for First Friday
- Small Business Saturday on the East Side
Search Site for Articles