INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- World War I 100 Years Ago: June 23 and 30
- This Week’s Combo Issue: June 23 and 30
- Tech Class of 2017 Graduates
- Fathers and Families Center Honors Deserving Fathers at Annual Luncheon
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- 17th Annual Irvington Garden Tour June 25
- Gus Grissom and Apollo 1
- Applause!: June 23-July 6
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site Offers 4th of July Events
- Other People’s Children
Search Site for Articles