INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- Applause!: July 21-27
- The Brickyard 400 is this Week
- Sherman Park Reuse Kick-Off Slated for Aug. 1
- Make Their Day Special — Vintage Wedding Gifts
- Osborn Oldroyd — Keeper of the Lincoln Flame, Part 2
- World War I 100 Years Ago: July 21-27
- Systemic Policing Reforms Announced
- Final Entertainment on the Plaza Show July 22
- This Week’s Issue: July 21-27
- Youth Summer Jobs Program Fosters Work Skills and Leadership
Search Site for Articles