INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. Highway 52 (Brookville Road) is scheduled to close for bridge construction just west of German Church Road starting on or after Mon., Feb. 27.
INDOT awarded a $1.3 million contract to Duncan Robertson, Inc. last fall to rebuild the U.S. 52 bridge over Grassy Creek, which is about three miles east of Interstate 465 and one mile west of the Marion-Hancock county line.
Construction will close U.S. 52 for up to 120 days. During the closure, a signed detour will direct highway traffic north to U.S. 40 via State Road 9 and I-465. The highway is expected to be open and all construction completed before the end of 2017.
Other News This Week
- Peace. Love. Understanding.
- Applause!: Jan. 12-19
- University Heights Named Neighborhood of the Month
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Jan. 12-18
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 12-18
- Art Along the Waterways — A Citywide Success Story
- Artist Elizabeth Seagull Heeter Gone Too Soon…
- Overflow Shelters Opened Through February
- The Thrill of the Hunt
- Bobbie the Wonder Dog
Search Site for Articles