INDIANAPOLIS — Oakland Civic Theatre presents King Mackerel and the Blues are Running: Songs and stories by Jim Wann, Bland Simpson, J.L. Mills and Don Dixon
Tall tales and rollicking songs in the Diamond Studs and Pump Boys and Dinettes tradition transport audiences to the Outer Banks for a pleasant spate of fun and fishing. Staging a benefit concert to save the Corncake Inlet Inn, the lively cast of fishermen musicians sing up a storm, tell fish stories and ghost stories, and relate accounts of first loves and ones that got away.
Performances are Fri., March 10, Sat. March 11, Sun. March 12, Fri. March 17, Sat. March 18, and Sun. March 19. Curtain is at 8 p.m. for the Fri. and Sat. performances, and at 2 p.m. for Sun. matinees.
Tickets are $12 each and can be reserved online at oaklandoncivictheatre.org or by calling 317-823-4761, ext. 4.
Bonnie’s Cafe will be selling a theme related treat at intermission. Oaklandon Civic Theatre is located at 6450 Oaklandon Rd., 5 miles south of Geist Reservoir.
Other News This Week
- The Passion Pit
- Advertising Specials
- $4.2M Paving Project on I-74 Southeast of Indianapolis Starts April 4
- Nominate a Deserving Father by April 21
- Downtown Indy Inc. purchases bicycles for IMPD Flex Team/Homeless Unit
- World War I 100 Years Ago: March 17-23
- 2017 Indy Car Opener
- “Biblioburro,” a.k.a. The Donkey Library, Comes to Indianapolis
- Education Guide: March 2017
- Stormwater Informational Meeting in Lawrence
Search Site for Articles