INDIANAPOLIS — Oakland Civic Theatre presents King Mackerel and the Blues are Running: Songs and stories by Jim Wann, Bland Simpson, J.L. Mills and Don Dixon
Tall tales and rollicking songs in the Diamond Studs and Pump Boys and Dinettes tradition transport audiences to the Outer Banks for a pleasant spate of fun and fishing. Staging a benefit concert to save the Corncake Inlet Inn, the lively cast of fishermen musicians sing up a storm, tell fish stories and ghost stories, and relate accounts of first loves and ones that got away.
Performances are Fri., March 10, Sat. March 11, Sun. March 12, Fri. March 17, Sat. March 18, and Sun. March 19. Curtain is at 8 p.m. for the Fri. and Sat. performances, and at 2 p.m. for Sun. matinees.
Tickets are $12 each and can be reserved online at oaklandoncivictheatre.org or by calling 317-823-4761, ext. 4.
Bonnie’s Cafe will be selling a theme related treat at intermission. Oaklandon Civic Theatre is located at 6450 Oaklandon Rd., 5 miles south of Geist Reservoir.
Other News This Week
- Kurt Vonnegut’s Boyhood Home the 2017 Decorators’ Show House
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old
- World War I 100 Years Ago: April 21-27
- 100 Years Ago: April 28-May 4
- Community Health Network Chief Nurse Exec. named Nurse of the Year
- Eastbound I-70 Exit to Post Rd. Closes April 28-May 1
- Phoenix Theatre Breaks Ground for New Building
- This Week’s Issue: April 21-27
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 2
- One Man’s Trash . . .
Search Site for Articles