INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) will be offering free, hands-on classroom presentations to Indiana elementary schools in April. IDEM employees will present fun, engaging, and informative presentations that provide students with examples of environmental careers while teaching them about our environment.
The deadline for schools to request presentations is March 3. Presentations include interactive activities such as a recycling relay race and travelling through the water cycle as a water drop. They are available for elementary schools, grades kindergarten through six, and vary in length from 30 to 50 minutes. Presentations are available on a first come, first served basis throughout the month of April. Each school may request up to six presentations.
For additional information and to register, school officials should visit the IDEM Earth Day Celebration Web site at www.idem.in.gov/iee/2380.htm.
Other News This Week
- Paramount School Celebrates Completion of Peace Park
- CIOS Annual Orchid Show April 22-23
- This Week’s Issue: April 21-27
- One Man’s Trash . . .
- Photos of Meaningful Hoosier Places Sought for Exhibition
- 24th Annual Stutz Open House
- Spring Cleaning
- World War I 100 Years Ago: April 21-27
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old
- Binford Redevelopment & Growth Area Gets Facelift April 29
Search Site for Articles