INDIANAPOLIS — Community Health Network honored five Nursing Excellence award winners at a banquet Nov. 11 at the Marriott North hotel.
The awards, presented by Community’s Chief Nursing Officer Jean Putnam, recognized nurses who exemplified excellence in five categories.
Following a month-long nomination period an all-nurse selection committee chose one recipient from each category.
The the 2016 recipients include:
• Evidence-Based Practice — Patricia Poehler, RN, Director Quality/Regulatory Resources, Surgical Services
• Art & Science in Nursing — Vicki Powell-Tippit, Nurse Practitioner Pediatric Care, Community Hospital East
• Therapeutic Relationships — Wendy Laminack, RN Emergency Department, Community Hospital East
• Facilitative Leadership — April Brown, RN Clinical Education, Community Hospital South
• Patient-Focused Care — Jonni Leisure, RN Wound Care Center, Community Howard Regional
Putnam also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Julie Painter, RN Clinical Nurse Specialist, and a Friend of Nursing Award to Travis Lozier, Vice President of Performance Excellence.
Other News This Week
- Ebenezer Scrooge in America
- Applause!: Dec. 8-14
- Irvington Open House December 8
- Jack Eichacker Soup Supper Benefits Hope Counseling
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 8-14
- Alzheimer’s Association Offers Tips to Make the Holiday Season Brighter
- Away in a Manger
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
- Perry Meridian Wins Anti-Litter Video Contest
- Second Tour of Coca-Cola Plant Offered
Search Site for Articles