INDIANAPOLIS — Community Health Network honored five Nursing Excellence award winners at a banquet Nov. 11 at the Marriott North hotel.
The awards, presented by Community’s Chief Nursing Officer Jean Putnam, recognized nurses who exemplified excellence in five categories.
Following a month-long nomination period an all-nurse selection committee chose one recipient from each category.
The the 2016 recipients include:
• Evidence-Based Practice — Patricia Poehler, RN, Director Quality/Regulatory Resources, Surgical Services
• Art & Science in Nursing — Vicki Powell-Tippit, Nurse Practitioner Pediatric Care, Community Hospital East
• Therapeutic Relationships — Wendy Laminack, RN Emergency Department, Community Hospital East
• Facilitative Leadership — April Brown, RN Clinical Education, Community Hospital South
• Patient-Focused Care — Jonni Leisure, RN Wound Care Center, Community Howard Regional
Putnam also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Julie Painter, RN Clinical Nurse Specialist, and a Friend of Nursing Award to Travis Lozier, Vice President of Performance Excellence.
Other News This Week
- Applause!: May 19-25
- Mid May Sports
- No Triple Crown
- Flanner and Buchanan Holds Memorial Day Service
- The First 500 Festival Parade in 1957….60 Years Ago
- This Week’s Issue: May 19-25
- Dave Wilson & John Andretti: A Friendship
- IndyPLs Summer Reading Program Features “Read It & Eat” June 5-July 29
- 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
Search Site for Articles