INDIANAPOLIS — Community Health Network honored five Nursing Excellence award winners at a banquet Nov. 11 at the Marriott North hotel.
The awards, presented by Community’s Chief Nursing Officer Jean Putnam, recognized nurses who exemplified excellence in five categories.
Following a month-long nomination period an all-nurse selection committee chose one recipient from each category.
The the 2016 recipients include:
• Evidence-Based Practice — Patricia Poehler, RN, Director Quality/Regulatory Resources, Surgical Services
• Art & Science in Nursing — Vicki Powell-Tippit, Nurse Practitioner Pediatric Care, Community Hospital East
• Therapeutic Relationships — Wendy Laminack, RN Emergency Department, Community Hospital East
• Facilitative Leadership — April Brown, RN Clinical Education, Community Hospital South
• Patient-Focused Care — Jonni Leisure, RN Wound Care Center, Community Howard Regional
Putnam also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Julie Painter, RN Clinical Nurse Specialist, and a Friend of Nursing Award to Travis Lozier, Vice President of Performance Excellence.
Other News This Week
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
- An American Classic — the Lunch Box
- Neighborhoods May be Impacted by North Split Reconstruction
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- My Left Foot
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- State Announces New Initiatives to Combat Opioid Crisis
Search Site for Articles