INDIANAPOLIS — Community Health Network honored five Nursing Excellence award winners at a banquet Nov. 11 at the Marriott North hotel.
The awards, presented by Community’s Chief Nursing Officer Jean Putnam, recognized nurses who exemplified excellence in five categories.
Following a month-long nomination period an all-nurse selection committee chose one recipient from each category.
The the 2016 recipients include:
• Evidence-Based Practice — Patricia Poehler, RN, Director Quality/Regulatory Resources, Surgical Services
• Art & Science in Nursing — Vicki Powell-Tippit, Nurse Practitioner Pediatric Care, Community Hospital East
• Therapeutic Relationships — Wendy Laminack, RN Emergency Department, Community Hospital East
• Facilitative Leadership — April Brown, RN Clinical Education, Community Hospital South
• Patient-Focused Care — Jonni Leisure, RN Wound Care Center, Community Howard Regional
Putnam also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Julie Painter, RN Clinical Nurse Specialist, and a Friend of Nursing Award to Travis Lozier, Vice President of Performance Excellence.
Other News This Week
- BOBDIREX Presents “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- World War I 100 Years Ago: June 23 and 30
- Gus Grissom and Apollo 1
- Applause!: June 23-July 6
- 17th Annual Irvington Garden Tour June 25
- This Week’s Combo Issue: June 23 and 30
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- Woodruff Place Home, Garden, and Coop Tour June 24-25
- Profane, But Not Sordid
- Pages of Life
Search Site for Articles