INDIANAPOLIS — The annual Feast of Lanterns will be held Aug. 27 from 4-11 p.m. at Spades Park, 1800 Nowland Ave.
The afternoon and evening feature food trucks, live music, lots of local vendors, a beer and wine tent, plus an evening lighting of the lanterns (9 p.m.). The event is free and open to everyone. Parking is available along Pogue’s Run Trail by Circle City Industrial Complex just a few blocks south of the park.
This year there will be a kids art zone where children can make paper lanterns and crowns for the evening’s parade.
For more information, visit the Feast of Lanterns Facebook page.
Other News This Week
- George W. Julian School 57 Awarded Learning Garden
- Dave Wilson & John Andretti: A Friendship
- Store Closures, Lack of Access Drive Food Insecurity on East Side
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
- Councillor Blake Johnson Awards Second Annual Eastside Emerging Leaders Scholarships
- IndyPL Offers Online Library Card Registration
- A Bowl of Mints
- Top Garage Sale Picks For 2017
- Summerfest Kicks Off 2017 Festival Season
- World War I 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
Search Site for Articles