INDIANAPOLIS — The annual Feast of Lanterns will be held Aug. 27 from 4-11 p.m. at Spades Park, 1800 Nowland Ave.
The afternoon and evening feature food trucks, live music, lots of local vendors, a beer and wine tent, plus an evening lighting of the lanterns (9 p.m.). The event is free and open to everyone. Parking is available along Pogue’s Run Trail by Circle City Industrial Complex just a few blocks south of the park.
This year there will be a kids art zone where children can make paper lanterns and crowns for the evening’s parade.
For more information, visit the Feast of Lanterns Facebook page.
Other News This Week
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- Other People’s Children
- Local Students Selected for Future Presidents of America Program
- Woodruff Place Home, Garden, and Coop Tour June 24-25
- BOBDIREX Presents “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- Eskenazi Health Hosts Health Insurance Enrollment Event
- A Brief History of Father’s Day
- World War I 100 Years Ago: June 23 and 30
- Pages of Life
- Gus Grissom and Apollo 1
Search Site for Articles