INDIANAPOLIS — The 12th Annual Memorial Day Service hosted by the Acton/Bunker Hill American Legion Post 220 will be held Mon., May 30 at 10 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial Plaza, 8575 E. Raymond St. (Raymond Park Middle School).
The ceremony kicks off with a musical prelude by the Indianapolis Municipal Band giving a 30 minute patriotic performance. Guest speaker American Legion 11th District Commander Ronzell B. Collins will be on hand. There will be a wreath laying ceremony at the base of the service flags and POW/MIA flag, as well as at the base of the national flag to honor those who have made the supreme sacrifice.
The Warren Central High School Marine Corps JROTC program will assist in the program.
The service will be held inside the school in case of bad weather. The public is encouraged to attend.
Other News This Week
- This Week’s Issue: Aug. 18-24
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- IMPD Promotes Several to Command Staff
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
Search Site for Articles