INDIANAPOLIS — The 12th Annual Memorial Day Service hosted by the Acton/Bunker Hill American Legion Post 220 will be held Mon., May 30 at 10 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial Plaza, 8575 E. Raymond St. (Raymond Park Middle School).
The ceremony kicks off with a musical prelude by the Indianapolis Municipal Band giving a 30 minute patriotic performance. Guest speaker American Legion 11th District Commander Ronzell B. Collins will be on hand. There will be a wreath laying ceremony at the base of the service flags and POW/MIA flag, as well as at the base of the national flag to honor those who have made the supreme sacrifice.
The Warren Central High School Marine Corps JROTC program will assist in the program.
The service will be held inside the school in case of bad weather. The public is encouraged to attend.
Other News This Week
- Jack Eichacker Soup Supper Benefits Hope Counseling
- Bowl Game for the Boilermakers
- Ebenezer Scrooge in America
- Second Tour of Coca-Cola Plant Offered
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 8-14
- Applause!: Dec. 8-14
- Local Senior Organizations Receive Grants
- Our Store of Memories
- Perry Meridian Wins Anti-Litter Video Contest
- Irvington Open House December 8
Search Site for Articles