IRVINGTON — Irvington Development Organization (IDO) is organizing the annual spring Washington Streetscape and Business District clean up for April 30 from 8:00-11:30 a.m.
Volunteers are asked to meet in the Irvington Library parking lot (Audubon and E. Washington St.) for coffee, donuts, and form teams. Teams will fan out along E. Washington and the cross streets from Ritter to Bolton, as time and volunteers allow.
Volunteers will be planting replacement perennials, spreading mulch, picking up trash, and cleaning curbs. IDO will provide bags and tools, and has arranged with the city to pick up the collected trash. Please bring your own gloves and wheelbarrows, if you have them.
IDO also needs team leaders to coordinate groups of volunteers.
Spotts Garden Service, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, City of Indianapolis, Marion County Health Department, IMPD, and Jockamo’s are supporting the efforts.
Contact Margaret@irvingtondevelopment.org or 317-260-0669 to sign up.
Also on April 30 from 9 a.m.-noon, RecycleForce will be collecting paper, cardboard, plastics and electronic appliances to be recycled at the Irvington Branch Library, 5625 E. Washington St.
You will be able to safely dispose of old financial records. All paper will be shredded and a Certificate of Destruction sent to IDO after the event.
RecycleForce does ask for a donation to cover the disposal of large electronics.
Other News This Week
- 100 Years Ago This Week: Feb. 23-March 1
- “Singin’ in the Rain” at Garfield Park
- Beech Grove Schools Receive IndyPL Library Cards
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- Give Me That Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Daytona 500
- My Left Foot
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- IACS Announces Partnership With New York Rescue
- Is President’s Day Really a Holiday?
Search Site for Articles