INDIANAPOLIS — Epilogue Player’s next production will be Becoming Dr. Ruth by Mark St. Germain. The one-person play features Diann Ryan as Dr. Ruth Westheimer.
Everyone knows Dr. Ruth Westheimer from her career as a pioneering radio and television sex therapist. Few, however, know the incredible journey that preceded it. From fleeing the Nazis in the Kindertransport and joining the Haganah in Jerusalem as a sniper, to her struggle to succeed as a single mother newly-arrived in America, Mark St. Germain deftly illuminates this remarkable woman’s untold story.
There are only three performances of the play: Jan. 16, 22, an 23. All performances are at 7:30 p.m. at the Epilogue Players stage, 1849 N. Alabama St.
This is a fundraising show; admission is by donation. There will also be door prizes each night and a silent auction. Reservations are recommended. Call 317-926-3139 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Other News This Week
- Volunteers Needed for Luminaria
- Alzheimer’s Association Offers Tips to Make the Holiday Season Brighter
- Perry Meridian Wins Anti-Litter Video Contest
- Jack Eichacker Soup Supper Benefits Hope Counseling
- 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
- Second Tour of Coca-Cola Plant Offered
- Applause!: Dec. 8-14
- Ebenezer Scrooge in America
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 8-14
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
Search Site for Articles