INDIANAPOLIS — Marion County Sheriff John Layton recently announced a new partnership today with The Indianapolis Public Library to provide free gun locks in an effort to curb unintentional gun injury and harm.
Free gun locks will be available by request at six Indianapolis Public Library locations including the Central Library (40 E. St. Clair St.), the Southport Branch (2630 E. Stop 11 Road), the Glendale Branch (6101 N. Keystone Ave.), the Brightwood Branch (2435 N. Sherman Dr.), the Irvington Branch (5625 E. Washington St.), and the West Indianapolis Branch (1216 S. Kappes St.).
The partnership between the Marion County Sheriff’s Office and The Indianapolis Public Library is new, but not the MCSO Gun Lock Giveaway program. Since 2011, Sheriff Layton has distributed over 5,000 free gun locks throughout the community through inmate commissary funds. Other pick-up locations for free gun locks include Beech Grove Firearms, Pop’s Guns and the Riley Children’s Hospital Safety Store.
Other News This Week
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched for Lift Indy: Monon16
- Ball Canning Jars
- October Madness
- Irvington Named Neighborhood of the Month
- October Diary 2017, Part 1
- This Week’s Issue: Oct. 20-26
- IMPD Deputy Chief Named President of NAWLEE
Search Site for Articles