INDIANAPOLIS — Mayor Greg Ballard launched the 6th annual Pack the Pantries food drive recently at KIPP Indianapolis charter school. The campaign calls for food and monetary donations to local food pantries. This year, the City’s Front Porch Alliance will partner with Gleaners and Midwest food banks, the Indy Hunger Network and other hunger reduction advocates.
The theme “A Case for Giving” is used to encourage individuals to donate non-perishable food items by the case for easier sorting. Last year’s campaign generated 49,699 pounds of food and $12,552 in donations.
Donations may be made through Dec. 15, 2013 at designated drop-off locations. Both Gleaners and Midwest food banks will distribute donations to local food pantries.
Donations will be accepted at all IMPD district headquarters and the following Indianapolis Fire Department (IFD) stations:
• IFD Station 5 – 155 W. 16th St. – IU Health Methodist Hospital
• IFD Station 6 – 1599 E. 86th St.
• IFD Station 29 – 602 E. Pleasant Run Parkway N. Drive
• IFD Station 44 – 7345 E. 30th St.
Tax deductible monetary donations can be made by mailing a check or money order with a note specifying Pack the Pantries in the memo section to 200 E. Washington Street, Suite 2501, Indianapolis, IN 46204. For more information on the 2013 Pack the Pantries campaign and a complete list of drop-off locations, please visit www.indy.gov/frontporch.
Other News This Week
- A Raisin in the Sun at the IRT
- Handsome Harry Pierpont, Part 1
- This Week’s Issue: Jan. 19-25
- Question and Answer Time
- Applause!: Jan. 19-25
- IMPD E-Commerce Exchange Zones Offer Safer Alternatives
- HUD Awards over $19 Mil. to Hoosier Homeless Programs
- Pacers Host STEM Fest 2018
- 40th Anniversary of the Blizzard of ’78
- The Irvies on Feb. 24
Search Site for Articles