NEW PALESTINE — On September 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Sugar Creek Township Fire Department (SCTFD) will hold its 6th Annual Fire and Life Safety Open House. This event will take place at SCTFD Station 45, 3545 S 600 West, New Palestine. The event includes free photo IDs for the kids, and free bike helmets from Flanner and Buchanan.
Indiana Students against Destructive Decisions (SADD) invites teens to experience “the Seat Belt Convincer.” This device simulates a 5-7 mph crash safely; most Motor vehicle crashes are at 40 MPH or faster. SADD also offers the Fatal Vision Cooler Obstacle Course where the teen will attempt to navigate a motorized cooler around cones while wearing a pair of “drunk” goggles. This emulates the visual impairment of someone over the legal limit. This allows teen drivers to better understand the safety behaviors necessary to follow when driving.
Younger kids can participate in the Firefighter combat challenge. Learn how to prevent fires or react to them in the “Find the Hazard Tour” or the Fire Safety Escape Trailer. There will be information for water and boating safety, child safety seat information, child proofing information, activities that help citizens learn to utilize 911 properly and efficiently, senior safety information from AARP and much more. In addition. the PHI-Stat Flight will be on location giving tours of their medical emergency aircraft.
Other News This Week
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- Frank Reich Will Guide the Horseshoe
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
Search Site for Articles