IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- Local Senior Organizations Receive Grants
- Ebenezer Scrooge in America
- Away in a Manger
- Second Tour of Coca-Cola Plant Offered
- Perry Meridian Wins Anti-Litter Video Contest
- 100 Years Ago: Dec. 8-14
- Irvington Open House December 8
- Bowl Game for the Boilermakers
- Jack Eichacker Soup Supper Benefits Hope Counseling
- This Week’s Issue: Dec. 8-14
Search Site for Articles