IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- A Very Special Person, Part 2
- Mid May Sports
- You Can’t Tell A Building By Its Location
- Summerfest Kicks Off 2017 Festival Season
- Kiritsis And Me: Enduring 63 Hours at Gunpoint by Dick Hallwith Lisa Hendrickson
- IndyPL Offers Online Library Card Registration
- German Church Fundraising Goal Achieved
- Batting Average
- DNR Firewood Rules in Effect
- 100 Years Ago: May 26-June 1
Search Site for Articles