IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- Organizations Team to Assist Employers in Battling Opioid Epidemic
- Frank Reich Will Guide the Horseshoe
- This Week’s Issue: Feb. 16-22
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- Neighborhoods May be Impacted by North Split Reconstruction
- An American Classic — the Lunch Box
- “Singin’ in the Rain” at Garfield Park
Search Site for Articles