IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- Rosanna Hardin Hall Releases Book October 25
- Heroes from the Heartland Photo Submission Deadline Extended
- October Diary 2017, Part 1
- What REALLY Happened to the H.H. Holmes House?
- Mass Ave. Industrial Corridor Rebranded
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Oct. 20-26
- KIB Receives Grant for Community Greening
- Dancing With Witches
- 71st Historic Irvington Halloween Festival Guide
- October Madness
Search Site for Articles