IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- Profane, But Not Sordid
- Eskenazi Health Hosts Health Insurance Enrollment Event
- Tech Class of 2017 Graduates
- Other People’s Children
- Re-Entry Education Facility to Close
- Collectible Luggage
- Local Students Selected for Future Presidents of America Program
- The Paul George Fiasco
- World War I 100 Years Ago: June 23 and 30
- A Brief History of Father’s Day
Search Site for Articles