IRVINGTON — Our Lady of Lourdes in historic Irvington is hosting its annual Chili Cook-off on Sept. 1. This is an on-site cook-off where everything is chopped, peeled, boiled and stirred on site.
There will be live music, a beer tent courtesy of Sun King, food trucks, entertainment for kids, contests and of course plenty of good chili to taste and vote on. Awards will be given out for the Best Texas, Vegetarian, Fire Dept, Anything Goes, Gourmet, People’s Choice & Showmanship.
There is a $5 Admission for Tasters (kids under 7 are free). The event begins at noon with the People’s Choice tastings from 3-6 p.m. and awards given out afterwards.
Other News This Week
- This Week’s Issue: Aug. 18-24
- Applause!: Aug. 18-24
- Colts Preseason Loss
- Franciscan Health Hosts Kids’ Car Seat Safety Event
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
Search Site for Articles