INDIANAPOLIS — National Night Out is a unique crime prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW). “National Night Out’ is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; generate support for and participation in local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and send a message to criminals to let them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back. Along with the traditional display of outdoor lights, neighborhoods “celebrate” NNO with a variety of events such as block parties, cookouts, ice cream socials, neighborhood parades, pizza parties, flashlight walks and youth activities.
Brookside neighborhood will be grilling and socializing at the Paramount School of Excellence (3020 Nowland Ave Indianapolis, IN 46201) to celebrate National Night Out on August 6. The festivities begin at 6 p.m.
Other News This Week
- City Re-Launches Indianapolis Violence Reduction Partnership
- Flanner and Buchanan Holds Memorial Day Service
- Summerfest Kicks Off 2017 Festival Season
- Councillor Blake Johnson Awards Second Annual Eastside Emerging Leaders Scholarships
- The Hidden Dangers of Pallet Wood
- Rose Mary’s Words of Wisdom Upon Growing Old, Part 4
- World War I 100 Years Ago This Week: May 19-25
- Mid May Sports
- Federick Polley Retrospective at the Bona Thompson Memorial Center May 13-July 31
- Top Garage Sale Picks For 2017
Search Site for Articles