INDIANAPOLIS — National Night Out is a unique crime prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW). “National Night Out’ is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; generate support for and participation in local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and send a message to criminals to let them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back. Along with the traditional display of outdoor lights, neighborhoods “celebrate” NNO with a variety of events such as block parties, cookouts, ice cream socials, neighborhood parades, pizza parties, flashlight walks and youth activities.
Brookside neighborhood will be grilling and socializing at the Paramount School of Excellence (3020 Nowland Ave Indianapolis, IN 46201) to celebrate National Night Out on August 6. The festivities begin at 6 p.m.
Other News This Week
- Come Visit the Catacombs
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse at the IRT
- The Reel West Exhibit at Eiteljorg Examines Westerns
- 200 Years Ago: Feb. 16-22
- Applause!: Feb. 16-22
- Sheffield Woods Named Neighborhood of the Month
- State Announces New Initiatives to Combat Opioid Crisis
- “The Bridges of Madison County” at Footlite Musicals
- Neighborhoods May be Impacted by North Split Reconstruction
Search Site for Articles