INDIANAPOLIS — National Night Out is a unique crime prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW). “National Night Out’ is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; generate support for and participation in local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and send a message to criminals to let them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back. Along with the traditional display of outdoor lights, neighborhoods “celebrate” NNO with a variety of events such as block parties, cookouts, ice cream socials, neighborhood parades, pizza parties, flashlight walks and youth activities.
Brookside neighborhood will be grilling and socializing at the Paramount School of Excellence (3020 Nowland Ave Indianapolis, IN 46201) to celebrate National Night Out on August 6. The festivities begin at 6 p.m.
Other News This Week
- The World’s Longest Yard Sale Eclipsed
- IMPD Promotes Several to Command Staff
- 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
- A Return to Simplicity: Mission Style Furniture
- Coca-Cola “Before” Tour Reveals Beautiful Surprises
- In the Days of the Lost Sunshine 2017
- Cumberland Arts Goes to Market 2017
- Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- World War I 100 Years Ago: Aug. 18-24
Search Site for Articles